I am in Love With Vintage Tin



 I have always loved vintage tin. I loved playing with my mother's old 
tiny aspirin tins, Bayer and Excedrin  most likely ,that she had saved from like the 50s. 
I guess they were 
good to use long after the aspirin was gone to store  teeny tinies in your purse.
Then of course there were the official tins designated for the  chocolate Christmas fudge and cookies .
I guess she hadn't gotten around to tupperware yet, as I know the neighbors had it.
She must have trusted the tins more than plastic. 
 And oh the medicine pantry! 
My Mother's first aid tape tin  was so old 
I don't' even know if she was born when it was made!
And all of pretty  talc tins etc etc.
Of course she updated eventually  and threw it all out, and now
I am left spending a lifetime getting them back , plus oodles more !
 At least you can't tell I am a hoarder as they have a designated drawer...
and shelf (well, for the bigger ones you know).
 So over the weekend I "de-hoarded"  myself a little, making all 
sorts of different cuffs with vintage tins.

 Some soldered with fun textures, 
some etched brass, 
all  with beautiful sections of 
old tins added as focals.

 I also did a  lot with the smaller tins I love so much, like the Jewelry 
Supply tin in the first picture.
 There are so many ways to do them they are addicting!
Good thing my brass and copper order arrived today!

 I also did some more metal beads , 
but this time I used 
Tracy of PipnMolly's totally fun tin tutorial you can find in her Etsy store
On these beads, I still put my fun metal texturing  spin on the backs of them. 
But, you could get lost in
complete tin metal bliss in that tutorial for days !
Artiscape in Columbus ohio 
 is coming up quickly March 6-9!
My Encaustic and Metal pendant workshop 
is Sold out ,but I just got the up to dates yesterday and there are still
a few slots left in the 
 Cast Frozen Charlotte Necklace Workshop
http://www.europeanpapers.com/ART-WS/XART-37.html
 and the awesome Metal flowers workshop.

http://www.europeanpapers.com/ART-WS/XART-37.html 
 I forgot to tell you last time that most of the stamps I have been using for
my latest etchings are from my friend Jenni Bowlin
of JBS Mercantile. Lot's of vintagy awesome goodies to play with over there! 
If you go for a visit tell her Shari said HI!
  
Blessings, 


Popular Posts