Mar 30, 2008

Stir Crazy for Vintage Spring Shopping!



Stir Crazy for Vintage Spring Shopping!

I am not only completely ready for spring, but also to go "Vintage Spring Shopping"!
Flea Markets , shows, shops, diggi
ng, you name it I'm ready.
You don't think about it so much when on the west coast or warmer climates , but here it seems as though everything comes to a screeching halt in the winter when it comes to antique shopping.
Since we moved
to the Midwest , every March I am ready to
hit- the- road
!
Unfortunately now it is just a matter of finding the time with all of the kiddies activities going on, and my things going on. One day this week now that they are back in school, I am going to try to sneak away on a small "adventure", to some shops I have not been to yet.
I am also busy getting ready for my show season to start on April 20th at the Burlington Antique Market.
These are some pieces from my personal collection of Victorian silver plate. I collect names like James Dixon, Tufts, and some others. I love the handwork and the ornateness of the pieces from this era. Even if the silver is worn.

Someday I would love to go to the Marburger show in Texas.

I know that when the markets start here I will be appeased. There are no shortage of wonderful antique markets close by and within a 2 hour distance.
But...
right now I am about ready to put something in hock and hop a plane to Paris to shop at the French Flea Markets!
(Husband might not find that amusing.)


Where are your favorite spring haunts for Vintage shopping?


6 comments:

  1. I was invited to go to Texas this week with some friends and am feeling regret for not being able to go along! I'm stuck in the Midwest waiting for spring, too. And it is still cold here. I'm sick of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean! Our local flea market is set to open this Sunday weather permitting - I can't wait!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on this one! Two days ago while driving home from the accountant's office, I saw my first "Garage Sale" sign of the year. I nearly gave myself whiplash I turned that car so quickly!
    Can't wait for the Springfield Flea & Antique Show this month!
    Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you~shopping for vintage finds is the BEST! It's a habit I'll never get tied off much to my hubbys dissapointment~LOL!:) chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tea pot! Love it!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey - this is cindy that saw u at the burlington show - I was asking about bronze or gold creations. I followed your advice but instead of painting I used a gold colored wax that I have fallen in love with that hobby lobby used to sell and hopefully still does. I use it to enhance my old vintage or antique frames that I buy. it worked perfectly - it is just a rub on that does not come off, but I still sealed it with varnish - worked perfectly!!! I am so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)