Jul 1, 2008

Disney Trip and New Directions...


Reagan in front of the fountain at Epcot


Our trip was absolutely magical!
A well needed trip for me , as it was the first real br
eak I have had in over a year.


Jeffrey in Magic Kingdom

I was pleased with my new camera , but I have sooo much more to learn.

Mason in Epcot

Mason , in his favorite park "Epcot". He is already trying to find all the information on Disney internship at Disney his freshman spring semester in college (he is 15). A ways to go but he has always known what he wanted. (accept when he was little and wanted to own a restaurant dedicated to his favorite food he would call "Taco Depot" !)

I "photo shopped" all of my favorites and had them printed out at Costco. They really came out nice. Even hard to impress hubby liked them.
Now I am refreshed and ready to dig in.


backround of image courtesy of the graphics fairy

On a different note , I will be redoing the website and Etsy store in the next few weeks. I have a new inspiration that I would like to follow.
"One of a Kind"
Yes, they are all one of a kind in theory now , as everything is hand made by me.
However, this has been a long time coming and I believe this move will be better all the way around.
What am I rambling about?
Let me explain. A few years ago when Sally Jean's book came out, she said in her dedication to her friends
"For encouraging the artist (not manufacturer) within
me ."

I understood what she meant even then, but was not sure how to redirect and prevent its further happening . Now it has come to the point with the wholesale orders especially , where it actually feels "counter productive".
Making the same item over and over , dozens, hundreds of times.
It makes it so my design journals are full , but my new items actually produced are fewer and fewer.
backround image from www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com

I am excited that the new website will feature items as they are made "One of a kind" and when they are gone they are gone. I can still do one that is "similar" if a customer wishes, but each will be a com
pletely individual creation.
This will allow me to follow and continue my new designs, and allow me to get them online. (also a very time consuming process, sometimes things sell at the show and never make it to
the website).back round image from graphics fairy


I think this will make for a better creative process all the way around, and allow me to continue striving to improve my work, and creativity.
back round image courtesy of the Graphics Fairy


I am also excited because I believe it will allow me to have the time to catch up (even if it's at 2am!) with reading on the yahoo groups that I have joined and not been able participate in very often. They are so full of inspiring , creative, wonderful individuals and I love them.


















4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a wonderful time... your photo shop skills are fabulous!
    I am excited to see your new, one of a kind art... It seems you are going in a fun, creative direction.
    Blessings,
    Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! Your trip sounds fabulous. It will be exciting to see your one of a kind vision unfold... and I'm glad you'll hopefully have more time to play with the rest of us. Cheers, Trish G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shari!!

    Sounds (and looks like!) you had a great vacation at Disney!! As did your family...having some much needed time away and being with those we love can be sooo restorative to our souls!!

    I love what you did with the photographs too -- they're amazingly wonderful!

    I want to wish you all the best in your new direction. I understand these feelings soooo very well as I feel them myself increasingly more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog..and I think I'm in a flickr group you're in.. I love "Plays with Paper"

    smiles..Deena

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)