Show and Tell Monday



The new Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine issue just arrived , and I was absolutely tickled it had the article that Kecia Deveney and I did about our Marie Antoinette necklace swap. All of the photos were so pretty.
"Show and Tell Monday"
The dollies are almost done, but not quite yet. I will save some photos for them for Friday. Meanwhile ,I finally finished this cork note board for Reagan that she had been wantin
g, to hang her medals, ribbons, and twirly girly things from.

It is just a basic cork bulletin board that I covered with some nice muslin, and then painted, layered, and layered , and layered :)and collaged etc.
Adding some hooks at the bottom to hang all of her goodies.
Her dress is designed from a brown paper bag (gives a wonderful texture) and old text trim from my favorite vintage children's reader collection. She has several layers of a lovely recipe that simulates a beeswax /encaustic finish from Pam Carriker's wonderful lovely new book "Art at the Speed of Life" (loved it: ).
I tweaked the recipe slightly as I am not a very "glossy" girl when it comes to finishes usually . The recipe is for semi gloss. I just made it just a little more matte.
It still has that creamy~dreamy beeswax quality that I was looking for.
Now it's your turn! Show us what you have been creating, by posting a comment with your link to your Monday blog post here. See last weeks post for all of the details. Come join in :)

Popular Posts