Mar 28, 2011

A Moment

(I am giving a slight downer warning , uncharacteristic of my usual blog posts, and uncharacteristic me in general : ))


I was away from the computer for the last week , and I want apologize for missing a Monday's Show and Tell. These last weeks have been topsy turvy as we prepared for my oldest Son to leave for Navy Boot camp, which he did last Sunday. When he has completed his time there he will be going to the Navy Seal Training in Coranado California .(Mason, my husband Jeff, and Jeffrey night before Jeffrey left for Navy. You can tell they are so thrilled when I make them take photos! LOL)

This whole winter seems as though it has been upside down. I had not wanted to say anything here for the very longest time, here on my happy little blog. But ,I finally came to the conclusion that everyone in the world experiences ups and downs, and sometimes things just happen plain and simple.
This winter a
t Christmas, I lost my beloved 12 year old dog Max from a sudden brain tumor. At the same time, his best friend in life , our 13 year old dog Buddy was fighting Lymphoma and we were caring for him, and treating him with chemo , a hard decision in itself. He lost his battle just a few weeks ago.(moleskine journal page in progress)
That said, We spent the last couple of weeks just being together with Jeffrey (oldest son) as a family before he had to leave for boot camp in Chicago, and he took each sibling out to do their favorite things with him before he had to leave. I was very supportive and "good" right up until he had left. But, of course inside I feel proud, scared to death, sad, and about a million other emotions that don't usually go together. And , after he had left, I finally had to admit to myself that I just "needed a moment" if you will. A moment to let everything settle. A moment to catch up to everything. A moment to assess my new world that changed really without my permission. A moment to just be.
So, no computer last week. Just family , (and spring cleaning), and writing humorous letters to Jeffrey in boot camp hopefully helping to keep his spirits up .
And now here I am ! Ready to go , ready for spring, ready for our Florida trip (although not until June), ready for lots of creating, ready to visit some fun blogging,and ready to share : ) !New pendants from my original paintings !
Available later today on Etsy.

Thank you so much ,for allowing me to share with you!
Blessings,



8 comments:

  1. Shari,
    I'm so sorry for your sadness! Yes, it's true, into each life some rain must fall......the death of a pet is devastating...:(.
    As for your son, you must be so proud of him (but I can totally understand the fear!).
    I watched a t.v. special some time ago now about SEAL training down in California and I was floored at what they put these strong guys through...what an accomplishment to get through that program!
    Best to him and the rest of your family...love your new pendants, will be watching for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shari, I am so sorry to hear about your pets, that is just so hard, they become such a part of our families. You must be so proud of your son, but I am sure that it is so hard, the worry. It is so hard when they leave home. Take care Shari, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings go out to you, your son and entire family. Hey girl, it is okay to "have a moment." God allows us to rest...I am so happy you spent that time with your family...no regrets... Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. No apologies necessary Shari, for family is SO important! I'm sorry to hear about your beloved pets. They become such an important part of the family and it is so hard when they are gone. Hang in there!
    ~ Iva

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to learn of your losses. It is sad when our 4 footed loved ones leave us. Peace with Blessings.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Shari
    Just letting you know I am thinking of you and hope things go well for your son in his Navy Seal training.
    As mom's, we never let go of our boys...it is what mom's do. We pray for them and know God will watch over them.
    hugs,
    Teresa in California

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big hugs to you my friend. Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate. Taking a moment...or two...or three....or as many as you need, is a good thing.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shari

    I am so sorry for your family on the loss of your pets. No wonder you are feeling down plus your son leaving around the same time.

    Sometimes in life we just have to back off and just go with the flow
    until things iron themselves out.

    How wonderful your son is going into Navy Seal training. He must be quite a guy to be accepted. It is very prestigious.

    My GD was away last week for spring break and I have been sick this week so haven't mailed her gift yet. I am going to try and get down to the po tomorrow.

    Take care of yourself.

    Hugs

    FredaB from Chicago

    ps - your son will enjoy Chicago and they are very good to the young men in training when they come in to town. It is quite a city.

    Will get down there

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)