Feb 10, 2012

Fun additions

 Happy almost Valentines Day!
The PFATT Market Place has just posted, (10th of each month) , and for February I have 2  "Art To Wear"  assemblage pieces , 
both featuring enameled hearts.
I love the wonderful  new book out on enameling  I got by Barbara Lewis,
"Painting with Fire" . 
I am even in love with the title !
I read  it through cover to cover the day I received it  (Reagan has very long tumbling team practices :)

 Of course, this is my take on enameled pieces,
that I have incorporated into my art to wear assemblages.
I love the way I could get the white to have a very old feel to it with the grey.
 And this deep ruby is awesome . 
No other color was needed to produce this aged look.
I was so excited about this process.
The enameling element is just the right additive I needed to add another dimension in my assemblage pieces . For more info on "Painting with Fire" you can go to Barbara's blog ;
or her web site at
http://www.paintingwithfireartwear.com/
 To see more information on these two pieces, and all of the other wonderful aritist offerings at PFATT this month click on the photos above.


More goodies to play with!
I have been adding some really fun supplies to create with in the Etsy shop.
These are 24 gauge copper sheets , etched with beautiful patterns.
This is a really easy gauge to work with, and you can easily cut it down into pendants , charms, earrings, add them to leather cuffs, layer with other metal, stamp, etc. the possibilities are absolutely  endless !
I will be adding some more this weekend, as I finish them.
We are supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight , so I will be trying a few more fun patterns :)
Also, I will be adding another fun pattern to the 
popular "etched bullet findings" in my shop .
Look for them to be added some time this weekend as well
(Hopefully tomorrow)



 Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. Shari, It's so nice to see your slant on enameling. It just goes to show that enamel can look great with vintage pieces as well as bright and funky ones! Thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished another class with Diana Frey & Riki Shumacher & we did metal etching. WHAT FUN!!!! I had done it before but, really loved it in this project. Yours is really pretty too.

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)