Aug 10, 2012

6 Bead Soup Blog Party!

 My partner for the bead soup party, 
was the very talented Patty Miller, of Carabi Beads.Patty does so many wonderful
things , including lampwork beads, seed bead work, and precious metal clay.
you can visit her at :
and her beautiful Etsy store at: 
This is the Gorgeous soup!
She sent me my very favorite 
Sari Ribbon!!!
I nested the pretty little beads inside for the photo and 
completely fell in love, since I adore nests of every kind. I almost wanted
to leave it this way just for a bit to enjoy my lovely sari ribbon nest.
But then, she also sent me a lovely handmade copper heart, little charms,brass leaf, lovely
clasp, and gorgeous lamp work bead.
I will reveal at the end what I created with these wonderful treasures.


Here is the "soup" I sent to Patty
etched bird bullet set
etched copper washers
some pretty beadies
and one of my new etched brass with resin clay pieces
 It has text from an old 1930s reader. 

Ok now for what I created with all of Patty's goodies....

With all of that gorgeous Sari Ribbon,
 it had to be a
" Junk in the Trunk Tassel" necklace!
 
I used every oodle of what Patty sent to me, and then added a couple more 
vintage elements.
 Thanks Patty!

 This is one of the vintage  pieces I show how to make in the 
Make Beautiful Broken China Jewelry Online Workshop.
 
To register for this fun self paced workshop see the "Online Classes"
at the top of the page, or visit my Etsy store.
 Also just put a few more vintage  focals in the Etsy store:)

to see more participants of the Bead Soup Blog Party visit 
http://lorianderson-beadsoupblogparty.blogspot.com/
BLessings,






51 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and that tassel is such a joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you turn the fiber into a tassle focal.Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari, I LOVE what you did with the soup! I wish I had more time to devote to your soup but I love the one piece I finished! Gorgeous work! So inspirational. I loved being your bsbp partner
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your necklace! So great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, I've been in a 'retro' mood lately & love vintage-y looking things ~ I think you hit the ball out of the park on this one. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your title for your necklace! Great use of the elements your partner sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 'junk in the trunk' necklace! It has a great earthy/vintage sort of feel. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how unique your work is! A joy to look! Great job! Love it! :) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tassel and your necklace. Glad to have found your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is really beautiful, what a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vintage look! I like it very much! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a unique and beautiful piece! I'm in love with the etched bullet casings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh No! I love that necklace!!!! What an awesome soup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the name of your piece - fantastic! Love the use of your bullet casings, I will have to get me a few of those! Love all the components together in the tassel -love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want one of those pendants so so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your "Junk in the trunk" necklace turned out beautifully Shari! I absolutely love your etched metal pieces, perhaps you would consider doing an online class teaching us how you etch metal??? Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so in love with your tassel with the etched bullet casing! Will have to get some of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely necklace! Love the tassel you made.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the necklace and though it caught me off guard the music was nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow great work with the fiber. I know that would have stumped me. I applaud your imagination and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous necklace! i also love the soup you sent to your partner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how you used everything! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore that tassel! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice job on your bead soup! Lovely!! Love the tassel as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I could work this kind of magic with fiber! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Not sure what I would have done with so much sari silk, but your tassel is the perfect answer!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Shanti,
    Beautiful necklace I love the junk in the trunk tassel!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooops sorry Shari, I was looking at the name above yours on my list. Please forgive my mistake in names.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great design, love what you did. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love it! Love your mixed media too! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesomely gorgeousssssss necklace! The tassel is yummmmmy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really cool stuff and love the music on your blog too !

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really love the feel of the necklace you created. It feels vintage and warm and homey. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love that tassel. Love your etched bullet casings too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fantastic piece...awesome mixed media piece!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful work, I love the junk in the trunk tassel, great name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great idea for the sari silk that is an amazing necklace!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic mixed media pieces! Love what you sent your partner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sorry I am so late, I have been having computer issues! Very eclectic, but I like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great mixed media piece you put together, love how you used the sari silk as a tassel!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your mixed media art jewelry, beautiful!
    I also love the soup you sent.
    I'm still hopping,sorry I'm late!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  42. Visiting you from Etsy and I am so glad I did!! I have seen your name so many times and it's wonderful to finally find your blog!! Great to meet you and your work is A-mazing!! Warmest Regards,Cat

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)