May 10, 2013

A Wonderful Crazy Weekend


It all started here...
 
 In a little town in Michigan called Dimondale. In a charming
little store called SmittenDust!






















With these three lovely ladies.
Dusty Dehaven, (owner of Smitten Dust) ,
Kari McKnight Holbrook , and Jen Crossley.
They invited Reagan and I to come up for some fun , and set up a little of our shop for the
weekend at Smitten Dust.
 
I wasn't at all sure I could get ahead of myself here work wise, but I put it in 4 th gear (that is fast right?).
Sometimes I don't know what to do if I am not working constantly. Maybe because I
work predominantly from home, I don't possess an off switch. I am sure a lot, or most women
probably feel that too. But, mine is too the point where I can't really even go leisurely shopping ,but rarely.
It's a sickness maybe :)
 
So to my husbands shock and surprise ,2 days before I announced,
 " We're going to do it! "
ROAD TRIP!
And, off we went .
 Mother and daughter weekend with friends.

We had the best time with a whole bunch of wonderful ladies that came for the weekend.
 It was very  nice meeting these wonderful ladies ,
 especially Jane and Susan front left.
Jane and I shared some jumping jump rings Sunday :)

We did Kari's totally awesome
 "Delectable Doodles and Fantastic  Fonts", and "Tempted by Tape workshops".
and by the way Kari has a brand new dvd out called "Backrounds to Bindings"!  
Reagan has been practicing her
journaling alphabets ever since we got home.
She worked very hard in class.
 I felt like a slacker!



















We did Jen's awesomely wonderful " Little Bag" workshop on Sunday.


It was a such a super fun workshop!



Dusty's Husband fixed absolutely delightful lunches
for all of the ladies every day!






















Oh my gosh,
Once again I was the slacker in Jen's class too!
No, really! 


Here is teacher's pet.
 Apparently I was a little tired ,
and caused some trouble with flying jump rings among other
things!
Ugh
 So sorry Jen . 


 Reagan and I had a truly magical time .
 I am so glad we were able to go and visit.

 Blessings to you,











5 comments:

  1. I took Jen's birdhouse and evening tin class. They were amazing, so glad you had a great weekend. I hope Dusty plans on doing more workshops like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari, your blog post makes me so happy - all over again! What a great weekend! Miss Reagan is a joy to have around - and so are you! See you in the fall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari I so loved spending time with you and Regan I look forward to many happy memories to share with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was an exciting weekend. So glad you got to take this trip with Reagan.
    Mother/ daughter trips are so special.

    love Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN weekend! Sometimes we just need to "fly by the seat of our pants" and go for it...you did, and it sounds like an amazing time was spent with daughter and friends!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)