Aug 31, 2016

Wax on Wednesdays! The Beginning of an Encaustic Technique and Product Study


 I had another project for this week, but  Ms. Reagan who has been doing a lot of really fun and interesting things in her art class with various types of markers, proposed the question, "How do Sharpie Markers work with encaustic ? " I actually don't think I have  used them and was excited to give them a try. It also presented the  opportunity to share with you a little bit on how I at least begin a study with a new technique or product. 

A lot of times these are on going findings. A week , or even a month from now I may think of some other use or direction to take these in . Each discovery is recorded for future reference , and allows me to continue to research , play, and discover cumulatively over time. 



 The good , the bad, the ugly are all written down in hopes that I can learn from each experience with the technique or product. Each finding becomes important , even if it is a failure. I am learning "what can happen if..... " 


No fancy techniques today , but I hope that you enjoy the little peak into the beginning of my study process , and that you may find a little something useful in it to use for  your own creative discoveries :) 

List of Supplies I used this week:
Sharpie Markers
white encaustic medium 3-4 base coats
masonite hard boards
clay tools
black paint stick R and F brand
heat gun
Japanese rice papers
scraper



If you would like to see the video directly on the Youtube channel click 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video Shari. I am glad you kept going with that board, I really liked the end result- and I love that rice paper- such a cool technique!")
    ps your voice went out towards the end of the video and was hard to hear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting study and results, Shari! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much.
Thanks for visiting with me:)