Wax on Wednesdays Shellac Burns with Metallic Pearl Ex Pigments !



 This week some quiet painting time exploring 
Pearl ex powders as tinting for shellac! 
I often work on several pieces at once to let things set up and cool on each 
layer before I begin a new one. 
When working with shellac I often have even longer
 rest periods between layers allowing the shellac to cure a bit as well. 
This particular piece took several days to complete with the 
rest times . 
The Pearl Ex powders definitely did not disappoint !
I  am in love with the "Aztec gold" Pearl Ex pigment and 
the way it looked with the blues . 




Supplies I used this week :





Live Workshop ! 
Cincinnati Ohio
May 13
11-4 
Encaustic Mono Printing
click on photo below for details 








If you would like to see the video directly on the blog click 

"Sea Ivy" 12x12 encaustic on board

Blessings,
Shari 

Popular Posts